Homicide Leaves Questions

Updated: Mar 6

Parmjit (left) and his wife, Sukhdip (right)

In February of 2021, Parmjit Singh, an Oklahoma resident, traveled to Dallas, Texas, to check up on his business, Unique Truck Car Wash. It was a regular occurrence, but this time, Parmjit became alarmed by some red flags with his business partner, Bhupinder Singh's (Parmjit's nephew-in-law). While Parmjit initiated his own investigation on the matter, he began living out of an RV he owned on the Premises. May 2nd, Parmjit's last words to his wife, Sukhdip, were, "Don't trust the family."

Two days later, in the early afternoon, Parmjit was shot and killed by Salvador Rubio. While it has been almost a year since the incident took place, there has been no accountability for Salvador, who was previously convicted of a first-degree murder in Illinois. He roams free of penalty as Bhupinder takes Sukhdip to court to remove her from the company. Harman Kaur and Jasleen Kaur, Parmjit's daughters, reached out to bring awareness to the situation and let people know what is happening.

In 1989, Parmjit Singh came to the US on political asylum from the Indian government's genocide on the Sikh community. Many of his friends died, but he was able to get himself and as many others as he could out of the situation. He began work at a gas station in Seattle, then became a taxi driver, followed by entrepreneurship, creating many businesses in Reno, Nevada. With financial success, he was able to bring one of his three brothers and all his siblings’ children to the US and get them jobs. In 2015, his family began to do him wrong and steal. Frustrated with the situation, he decided to leave them all the businesses and move his wife and kids to Oklahoma. Two years later, in 2017, Bhupinder Singh – his nephew-in-law – got fired from his IT job and needed help and came to Parmjit. As Parmjit was hesitant to get involved with a family member in business again, he was considering starting a truck wash in Dallas and could use the help.

For three years, everything proved to be sustainable. It got to the point where Bhupinder was running the show, and Parmjit would visit occasionally. That was until one of Parmjit's routine visits in February 2021, when some suspicious activity came to his concern. Sales were down, and Parmjit was unable to find sufficient bookkeeping records. He decided to stay a little bit longer this time, taking board in an RV that he owned on the premise. This allowed him to investigate the situation further and see what was going on. When he would speak with Bhupinder, the response was always the same. Sales were down, and Bhupinder wouldn't provide any more information. This lack of feedback further aroused Parmjit's suspicions.

While Parmjit's presence became more operant in mid-March, Bhupinder began urging Parmjit to buy a gun. Bhupinder was telling Parmjit that it was not safe on the property and he should get protection. Even though Bhupinder didn't carry a firearm himself, he took Parmjit to a nearby shop to buy one.

Since Parmjit had arrived in February, the monthly profits miraculously jumped over $40k per month. As this made little to no sense, Parmjit began investigating past tax returns, invoices and other statements to find what he thought to believe was a discreet two-point of sales that Bhupinder was running in his absence. At this very same time, Parmjit also grew suspicious of late-night behavior from Salvador Rubio, which he started documenting. Salvador came to the job from Illinois and went by the fake name Julian Ruben. He was a recent hire of Bhupinder, who never ran a background check (hiring protocol), paid him in cash and let him stay on the property. The exact property Parmjit was now staying on.

On May 2nd, while Parmjit was visiting the family in Oklahoma, he told his wife, Sukhdip, and his three children not to trust the family. Two days later, on May 4th, Parmjit was arguing most of the day with Salvador, who was allegedly complaining about work ethics.

During the incident, Bhupinder was at a doctor's appointment – ever so conveniently. The same doctor’s appointment he had routinely taken in the mornings, but not on May 4th. Around 12:20 p.m., the situation got violent when Salvador began to charge Parmjit with a machete. That's when Parmjit drew his gun and shot it into the air. Salvador then retreated as he (unknowingly to Parmjit) drew his own gun. At that point, Salvador turned back around, shooting Parmjit multiple times. When Bhupinder was notified about the incident, he refused to leave his doctor's appointment. As first responders arrived on the scene, Parmjit was rushed to the hospital, where he died of his injuries at 1:48 p.m.

Dallas, TX - May, 4, 2021: Security camera footage showing Salvador Rubio (Right) with a machete as he runs up on, and surprises Parmjit Singh (left)

Bhupinder's first action thereafter is to have his family call Harman, one of Parmjit's daughters. "The initial call I got from Bhupinder's family was around 6 p.m. when they kept saying that my mom has to come to Dallas immediately and sign some paperwork for the business," Harman said.

As she was alarmed by the urgency, she kept calling, asking questions until Bhupinder eventually told her what had happened. As Harman knew her mother would be fragile to the situation, she kept silent on the matter as they drove from their home in Oklahoma to Dallas, Texas, that same night. They stayed there until the day after the funeral on May 8th. This was when Harman reported "suspicious activity".

"[They] would be not answering our questions properly or getting aggravated if we asked questions. [There was] a lot of hesitation. Crying in front of my mom about how they lost their uncle but then laughing later as if nothing had happened. Bhupinder was not letting us talk to the employees and was always hesitant when asked for information. [And] not letting any employees attend the funeral. The business was never shut down in remembrance of my father. They drugged my mom so that she [was] not fully understanding the complexity of the situation and [remained] emotionally trapped in the grief."

As Salvador Rubio was on the run after the incident, he was eventually found at his grandmother's house in San Antonio, Texas. He was found without the gun and brought to Grand Jury on July 20th. The investigation never went very far, and Salvador got off on self-defense. As he was an ex-felon, nothing amounted of his illegally obtained firearm.

As Sukhdip (who hired a private detective to investigate the incident) was registered as an owner of the business, she started monitoring the business bank account with Harman when they found out some further intel.

"When Bhupinder was about to siphon off the funds from the business bank accounts, my mother found out and saved the funds. That's when she took the funds and secured them in a separate account. This aggravated Bhupinder and he showed his other side very early. Before this, he was acting very concerned for us and being nice. Bhupinder just wanted all the money back in the business account. He kept calling mom and saying he was going to the court."

On June 24th, 2021, Bhupinder filed suit on Sukhdip.

Now Harman, Jasleen, their brother Harjas, and mother Sukhdip are left on their own with no more income from the business. All while they're dealing with the high financial costs of the lawsuit and seeking evidence to solve the gaps that Parmjit was investigating. No justice has been served, as Salvador remains free and any suspicions of Bhupinder's collusion remain suppressed.